1. Information Collected.Koinos collects information from users when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to surveys, or register for events. When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your email address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: Koinos is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), as we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website is directed to people who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Use of Information Collected.
2.1 Personal information. Except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice, Koinos does not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share for marketing purposes your Personal Information with third parties without your consent. We do share Personal Information with vendors who are performing services for Koinos, such as the servers for our email communications who are provided access to user’s email address for purposes of sending emails from us. Those vendors use your Personal Information only at our direction and in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
In general, the Personal Information users provide may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions)
- To register for upcoming events (The email address you provided may be used to provide logistic information regarding events users register to attend)
2.2 Non-Personal Information: In general, Koinos uses Non-Personal Information to help us improve the Service and customize the user experience. We also may aggregate Non-Personal Information in order to track trends and analyze use patterns on the Site. This Privacy Notice does not limit in any way our use or disclosure of Non-Personal Information and we reserve the right to use and disclose such Non-Personal Information to our partners, advertisers and other third parties at our discretion.
3. Disclosing Information Collected. Koinos does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or providing services to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We also may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or other’s rights, property or safety. However, non-personal identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
4. User Rights Regarding Use of Personal Information. Users have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When we send a promotional communication to a user, the user can opt out of further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional email.
5. User Consent. By using our Site, user consents to our Privacy Notice.
6. Changes to Privacy Notice. Koinos reserves the right to change this notice and our Terms of Service at any time. We will notify you of significant changes to our Privacy Notice by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your email registration. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site and this privacy page for updates.
7. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or the practices of this Site, please don’t hesitate to contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.